Use the image widget to insert an image into your site. You can customize images to act as buttons and navigate to other pages or sites, download files, or activate popups. Images are a great way to decorate sites, show off products or storefronts, and create an additional way to communicate with visitors.
The following image file types are supported:
png, jpg, jpeg, gif, svg, svg+xml, ico, x-icon, webp
To add the image widget:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
To access the content editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Content.
- To select an image, click the + Image. To select a different image, click Replace.
- Choose between the existing stock photos in the gallery or click +Upload to add your own image. For more image choice options, click Full View. For more information, see Image Picker. You have the following options:
- Edit. Change image properties by using the Photo Editor.
- Link Image. Images can be linked to other pages and URLs, popups, anchors, email addresses and downloadable files. When a visitor clicks on the image, they will be taken to the link.
- Alt text. Enables search engines to recognize image content. Use this text to describe the image.
- Tooltip. Text shown when a visitor hovers over an image.
- Caption. Type a caption for the image.
To learn about optimal image sizes, see Image Size Guidelines.
To access the design editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Design.
The toggle to turn image optimization off can be found in the Style tab.
For information about design options that are not specific to this widget (for example, layout, style, or spacing), see Widget Design.
Changing image theme elements changes all image widgets to have a consistent design. Any changes to specific individual image widgets will be saved.
For more information about editing widgets, using the photo editor, and premium images, see the following: