Use the Contact Form widget to add a complete web form to your site. The Contact Form widget allows you to provide visitors with a variety of input areas; specific text, drop-down, radio buttons, check boxes, date, time, email, and phone numbers. You can use the form for email newsletter opt-ins, customer questions, or simply to gather feedback from your site visitors.
To add the widget:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the Contact Form widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
To access the content editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Content.
On the Form Items tab:
- Decide what information you would like to collect from your visitors and then modify the existing fields by clicking the name of the field. To add new fields, click Add Field.
- Type the text you want to appear on the Submit button.
- To add reCAPTCHA validation, click the Add reCAPTCHA validation toggle, and select a reCAPTCHA position. This protects your form from spammers and speeds up the form submission process for site visitors. Select to display the reCAPTCHA as an icon or text in the form. This capability is automatically enabled on new forms you build.
- Type a Form title. To hide the form title, click the eye () icon.
On the Submission tab:
- To set the email address and subject for receiving form responses, click Submission recipients. Make sure to enter the email address in the Submission recipients step in order to have a copy of the information submitted.
- To set the confirmation and error messages to display when visitors submit a form, click Submission actions. Use the Rich Text Editor to add color, emphasis (bold, italics and underline), and bullets to text in the message boxes. To have the form redirect to a page after submission, click the Redirect to a page after submission toggle, and select the page to which you want to redirect.
- To add tracking code to your form, click Tracking, and paste conversion code or AdWords in the area provided.
On the Integration tab, send successful submission data to a third-party service. For more information, see Contact Form Integrations.
Configure a GDPR-Friendly Contact Form
To obtain consent from your visitors upon contact form submission, add a new field to your contact form following the instructions above and select either Opt-In orFree Text as the Field Type.
To add a check box confirming your visitor's consent to share form responses, add an Opt-In field. This field will be required to submit the form response.
The default text is By checking, I agree to share my form responses.
Add Free Text Field
To add a different notification, add a Free Text field. The field appears as a notification below the fields of your contact form.
To manage and delete responses received from a contact form:
- Go to the Dashboard, click the hamburger () icon next to the site where the form appears, and select Form Responses.Alternatively, in the left panel, click Content, click Site Content, and then click Manage Form Responses.
- The Form Responses page opens and allows you to remove any response to any form on the site. You can search for relevant responses in the Search responses search box. Ensure you search for the exact name, phrase, or characters.
- Click on the relevant form tab to open a table which includes:
- the date of the form response submission.
- the input from each of the form fields.
- the option to delete the form response.
- To export form responses in .csv format, right-click the form and click Form responses.
To open the contact form design editor, right-click the Contact Form widget, and click Edit Design. In the design editor, you can change the button layout, items, frame, and spacing.
On the Layout tab:
- Click the layout icon to select a layout design for the contact form.
- To change the form alignment, click Left or Right.
On the Item tab:
- To make edits to the field style and field text, click Fields.
- To edit the button style and button text, click Button. To revert back to the global style, click Revert to global design.
On the Frame tab:
- To make edits to the frame style, click Frame Style. You can change the background by adding a color or image.
- To change the text style of the title, click Form Title.
- To change the text style of the submission notification, click Submission Message
To make edits to the padding and margins of the contact form, click the Spacing tab. For more information about spacing, see Outer and Inner Spacing.
If you are having issues with the contact form, see Contact Form Troubleshooting.