Google Sheets can be used as a collection for generating Dynamic Pages. For more information on collections, see Define a Collection for Dynamic Pages.
Google sheets collections have the following limitations:
|Collection Number per Site||100|
|Collection name character limit||50|
|Field name character limit||50|
|Page item URL||350 characters|
To create a Google Sheets collection:
- In the left panel, click Content, click Collections, and then click + New Collection.
- Click Google Sheets.
- Click Sign in With Google.
- Sign in to the Google Account that contains the collection.
- Select the Google Sheet you want to use as your collection.
- Click Connect Spreadsheet.
- Define the correct data type for each field.
- Click Done.
To add a new column to a Google Sheets collection:
- In the side panel, click Content, then click Collections.
- Click to open the Google Sheets collection.
- Click +Add area.
- Select the data type from the Data Type drop down menu and type the name of the field in the area Name space.
- Click Refresh Data.
The new column appears in the available fields when connecting a widget.
Welcome to my dentist office
|Plain Text||welcome to my office|
streetAddress, postalCode, region, city, country
577 College Ave, 94306, CA, Palo Alto, US
SAT, SUN: 08:00-20:00; THU, FRI: 08:00-12:00;
Must be formatted as name: value; name: value;
email: email@example.com; whatsapp: 123456; facebook: IONOS;
|Date & Time|
The following formats are supported:
When displaying date only, the time will default to 0:00. When displaying time only, the date will default to 1970-01-01.
In Google Sheets, options must be separated by a semi colon, for example: first option; second option; third option. When you import the collection to the editor, click Options to add the options. Each row in the collection can be assigned one or more of the options you created.
The next step is to create or convert a Dynamic Page so you can connect it to your newly created collection.