To see and manage all customers in your Store, go to the Store Menu, click My Sales, and then click Customers.
For all customers who place an order, Store creates an account with your store. It allows your customers to view their order history and see the statuses of their current orders.
When customers place an order or create an account in your store by clicking the Sign In link, they appear on the Customers list. You have the following options:
- Add customers to customer groups. This allows you to give customer groups discounts or create specific CSS codes that can hide or show certain elements depending on which group a customer belongs to.
- Mark customers as tax exempt. If you charge taxes in your store, you can mark some customers as tax exempt.
- See all orders placed by a specific customer. Click on the number in the Order Count column.
To see more statistics about your store, go to the Store Menu, click My Sales, and then click Reports.
To create a list of people who use your Store, you can export the customer list to a CSV file.
How Customers Use Their Accounts
In their accounts in your Store, customers have the following options:
- View all their orders with current payment or fulfillment statuses.
- Specify VAT ID. If a customer enters their VAT ID, it will auto-fill on checkout.
Add Customers to Store
You may have a list of customers or may want to add new customers in bulk to your Store. To import customers to the Store:
- Go to the Store Menu, and click Apps.
- Click the Import Customers app, and click Install.
- Click Upload and import CSV file.
How Customers Log In
Customers click the Sign In link, type their email address and click Get Sign-In Link to receive the link for signing into their inbox. When they click the link, they are directed to the Store and are logged in automatically.
Logging in by a link has the following advantages:
- Customers do not need to remember passwords.
- After an order is placed, the customer's account is created automatically for the email address used.
- To see all customers who placed orders, go to the Store Menu, click My Sales, and then click Customers.
- Customers can see all orders they placed with their email address in their account.
- This is a more secure way of logging in than using a user name and password. Since the login link is sent to the email address, only the owner of the email address is able to log into the account.
Social Log In
Customers can also log in with their social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and Amazon.
To add buttons to allow customers to log in with their social accounts, go to the Store Menu, click Apps and add the Social Login app.