With Store, you can sell digital products (e-goods) delivered to your customers by download. This feature allows you to sell software, graphics, and e-books, as well as audio and video files.
How Digital Products Work
The shopping and checkout experience for digital products is no different from any other product in your store. To fulfill digital product orders, Store sends a link for download to your customer by email. Customers can also download any purchased products from the order details page in your store.
Store sends a notification with the download link after payment.
Digital products are available on paid plans with premium plans supporting larger files. The file size limits for Store plans are:
- Venture. 100MB
- Business. 1GB
- Unlimited. 10GB
Add Digital Products
To add a digital product:
- Go to the Store Menu, click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Click a product to edit or click Add New Product to create a new one.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click + Upload Files.
- In the popup, click Choose file.
- Select the file on your computer. Click + to add more files.
- Click Upload Files.
- Type a file description.
- Click Save.
You customers can access digital products only after purchase.
Protecting Download Links
You can prevent customers from sharing download links in two ways:
- Set a lifetime for the link. This ensures the link will automatically expire after a specified period of time.
- Limit the number of downloads per link. This ensures customers will only be able to download the link a specified number of times.
- If the lifetime is set to 24 hours, and the number of download attempts is empty: the link is available for 24 hours only, with an unlimited number of downloads.
- If the lifetime is empty, and the number of download attempts is set to 5: the link is available without any time limits, but can only be downloaded 5 times per order.
- If the lifetime is set to 48 hours, and the number of download attempts is set to 3: the link is available for 48 hours and can be downloaded 3 times per order.
To set the lifetime and number of download attempt limits:
- Go to the Store Menu, click Settings, and then click General.
- Click Cart & Checkout, and scroll to the E-goods section.
- Set the limits for Link lifetime, in hours and Number of download attempts.
You can set one of the options or use both simultaneously.
Selling digital products brings a layer of complexity to your online store. For more information, see Digital Products and Services FAQs.