How Digital Products Work
The shopping and checkout experience for digital products is no different from any other product in your store. To fulfill digital product orders, StoreFront sends a link for download to your customer by email. Customers can also download any purchased products from the order details page in your store.
StoreFront sends a notification with the download link after payment.
Digital products are available on paid plans with premium plans supporting larger files. The file size limits for StoreFront plans are:
- Venture. 100MB
- Business. 1GB
- Unlimited. 10GB
Add Digital Products
To add a digital product:
- Go to the Store Menu, click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Click a product to edit or click Add New Product to create a new one.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click + Upload Files.
- In the popup, click Choose file.
- Select the file on your computer. Click + to add more files.
- Click Upload Files.
- Type a file description.
- Click Save.
You customers can access digital products only after purchase.
Protecting Download Links
You can prevent customers from sharing download links in two ways:
- Set a lifetime for the link. This ensures the link will automatically expire after a specified period of time.
- Limit the number of downloads per link. This ensures customers will only be able to download the link a specified number of times.
- If the lifetime is set to 24 hours, and the number of download attempts is empty: the link is available for 24 hours only, with an unlimited number of downloads.
- If the lifetime is empty, and the number of download attempts is set to 5: the link is available without any time limits, but can only be downloaded 5 times per order.
- If the lifetime is set to 48 hours, and the number of download attempts is set to 3: the link is available for 48 hours and can be downloaded 3 times per order.
To set the lifetime and number of download attempt limits:
- Go to the Store Menu, click Settings, and then click General.
- Click Cart & Checkout, and scroll to the E-goods section.
- Set the limits for Link lifetime, in hours and Number of download attempts.
You can set one of the options or use both simultaneously.
Selling digital products brings a layer of complexity to your online store. For more information, see Digital Products and Services FAQs.