The copyright widget allows you to place a copyright disclaimer with the copyright icon and current year on your site. The year will automatically update to the current year, and by displaying the correct copyright year it shows your visitors that your site is up to date. Almost every site has a copyright notice which gives basic information about the site.
To add the widget:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
- Type the text you would like to have displayed in the description field provided.
- Click the Reverse icon/year position toggle to have the year and copyright icon appear to the left or the right of the text. The default is to the left.
To access the design editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Design.
- Select the font and color settings for the text
- Adjust alignment and text direction
- Edit the spacing of the widget
For more information about design options that are not specific to this widget (for example, layout, style, or spacing), see Widget Design.